Businesses That Post, Tweet, Or Snap Need a Social Media Strategy
Many businesses have been experimenting with social media. Having an online presence can be good for business; however, there is much more than just posting or tweeting. Branding and marketing is a process and it’s wise to have a plan in place. That said, here are a few insights that may make your test phase a little easier.
As outlined in “12 Proven Tactics for Rapidly Growing Your Presence on Social Media,” posted by John Rampton on Entrepreneur.com, there are many options to pursue when creating an online social media presence. Before getting started, here are a few tips that can save you time, money, and frustration:
- Have a plan: Create a plan defining who you want to engage and how you will engage them. Determine who will be responsible for creating content, posting, responding, and what should and shouldn’t be said. Branding and marketing requires goals and metrics to ensure you are hitting the right marks. A customer relationship management (CRM) solution can provide the foundation you need to monitor and measure online activities.
- Content is king: Create relevant, interesting, value-added content. Prepare content in advance, as with any marketing campaign, and release it consistently.
- There’s a time and a place: Social sites present different opportunities to engage your target demographic. Plastering the same message on every site is redundant and boring. Use each medium as they were intended. For example, post photos on Instagram and have conversations on Twitter.
- Be real: Your customers may contact you to ask questions or lodge a complaint. Respond promptly and honestly when resolving issues. Customers want to know that there is a human in on the conversation that wants to resolve problems.
- Have a call to action: Engaging consumers isn’t a one-way street and you want to inspire customers to take action, whether it’s to visit your website, go to a store, sign up for a newsletter, or use a coupon. Have a goal and encourage action.
Businesses with a social media strategy can reach more customers in new, innovative ways. However, you won’t want to waste any time or money on activities that don’t deliver results. Contact AKA Enterprise Solutions to learn how to get the online results you want by using CRM.