On-Demand Webcast: Power BI Updates and Highlights from the 2017 Data Insights Summit
The annual Microsoft Data Insights Summit was hosted in Seattle on June 12th and 13th. And when it comes to revealing exciting new product enhancements, the Summit did not disappoint. The AKA team was in attendance, and in this webcast, we will demonstrate some of these new capabilities, as well as a few additional items coming soon.
- An Excel favorite, data bars are now available for table and matrix visuals—and there are many more improvements.
- A “drill to” feature provides navigation/actions from one page of a report to another, including transferring the filter defined by the selected object.
- A new bookmark feature allows linking to other bookmarks and reports, including filters—and highlight related visuals, which can also be hidden.
- A new visual/parameter enables what-if analysis. See how changes to your business will impact the numbers!
- Enhancements to the Maps feature support themes and improved geo hierarchy as well as drill through.
- Enhanced Quick Insights does a better job of helping you understand your data.
- Visio integration allows embedding diagrams in a dashboard. It also includes the ability to click objects in Visio, which will filter the charts in Power BI, and vice versa.
- PowerApps integration will allow embedding into a Power BI report. This can enable write-back scenarios!
Interested in learning more? Watch the on-demand webcast now.
About AKA Enterprise Solutions
For more than 25 years, AKA Enterprise Solutions has been dedicated to making it easier organizations to do business and innovate their way to greatness by using technology to simplify processes and reduce risks. Specializing in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Cloud Services Business Process Consulting, and Custom Application Development, we combine industry and technical experience, proven methodologies, and world-class consulting to help firms achieve their goals. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices located throughout the U.S.