Microsoft Obtains DOD Level 5 PA: The Perfect Platform for a Secure Government Cloud
Government agencies, organizations, and customers have a different set of rules to follow when it comes to data security. That’s why Microsoft is building secure governments in the Cloud and recently announced a new accreditation from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) for Azure and Office 365. Microsoft received the DOD Level 5 Provisional Authority for the DOD regions of Microsoft Azure Government and Office 365 Government Defense.
Microsoft is Committed to a Secure Cloud
The flexibility of cloud-based computing is intriguing, but many government leaders are concerned with the security behind the platform. When it comes to running a government, there is no room for mistakes with data. A weak link can expose private or controlled information that puts your agency and constituents risk.
Microsoft has been committed to a secure government cloud for many years and has earned a number of accreditations and certifications, including the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and the recent DOD Level 5 PA. These groundbreaking accreditations mean Microsoft:
- Is the first commercial cloud provider to offer a DOD cloud that is L5-approved for infrastructure, platform and productivity services
- Offers general availability of the DOD regions of Azure Government and Office 365 U.S. Government Defense with L5 authorization
- Established exclusive regions for the DOD comprised of multiple data centers
Take Advantage of a Secure Government Cloud Infrastructure
With these leading-edge accreditations, Microsoft partners like AKA can confidently support government agencies, organizations, and their citizens and customers with ready-to-implement cloud and productivity solutions. Branches of the military, unified combatant commands and defense agencies are particularly interested in Level 5 capabilities, and four DOD entities are committed to using Office 365 U.S. Government Defense. Microsoft’s dedication to governments also provides businesses that work with or on government projects with added qualifications and benefits:
- Build applications that maintain controlled, unclassified information
- Protect government-only infrastructure through multiple Microsoft data centers operated by screened personnel
- Powerful data-access controls, threat production and other IT management services
- Improved communication and collaboration across teams and with other government agencies using Office 365 integration
- Time-saving automations, productivity improvements, and cost-savings offered by cloud-based services
Cloud-based computing is cost-effective, secure and delivers many advantages to governments. With Microsoft Azure Government, you gain storage, networking, and identity management services with even more powerful security features. Combined with integrated applications like Office 365, you will be able to:
- Capture, access and analyze data with greater efficiency and accuracy
- Share controlled information safely
- Improve collaboration and communication both internally and with external agencies or organizations
- Use time-saving automations and productivity tools to work efficiently
- Reduce time and costs associated with managing hardware, software and other IT-related services
The high-level security features offered in Microsoft Azure Government support your ability to work efficiently while taking the steps necessary to protect controlled and sensitive information. AKA Enterprise Solutions is uniquely qualified to support government agencies with Microsoft’s accredited cloud government solutions and services. Contact us to learn how to take advantage of a more powerful and secure government cloud infrastructure.