How to Configure Text Analysis in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales & Service (CRM) with Azure Machine Learning Text Analytics
With so many additions and improvements to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Microsoft has done a tremendous job of integrating it with Microsoft Dynamics 365—and businesses of all types can benefit. One capability that Dynamics 365 offers is the ability to perform a text analysis on any attributes of cases and identify which KB article is the best fit. This blog explains how to configure text analysis in Dynamics 365 for Sales & Service (CRM) using the Text Analytics Service in Azure.
Add Text Analytics Service in Azure
The first step is to add Text Analytics service to Azure.
- Add Text Analytics to Azure:
2. Copy the details for configuring them in Dynamics (Endpoint and Key):
Configure Azure Machine Learning Text Analytics Service in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM)
Once the Text Analytics service is configured in Azure, you can now configure Machine Learning Text Analytics service in Dynamics.
- Enable the Text Analytics service. NOTE: This is part of the preview. Go to Settings > System Settings:
- Configure Text Analytics. Go to Settings > Administrator:
You have now configured Text Analytics service in Dynamics, and it is ready to be used to suggest similar cases or KB Articles. We are now going to look at how to use it to suggest KB articles.
Add Text Analytics power to suggest KB Article search on Case
- Configure the KB Article Search. Settings > Service Management > Knowledge Search Field Setting. Click “New”:
- Configure the KB Article search on Case Form. Open a case form for customization and change properties of “Activities Tab”:
The configuration is complete. Now, let’s see how it behaves.
Text Analytics at work
In this example, the same case is used but the “Maximum number of key phrases” in Knowledge Search Model has been modified. Initially, it was set to 2; now it is set at 10.
Maximum number of key phrases = 2
Maximum number of key phrases = 10
If you have any questions about this capability or other questions about working with Dynamics 365, please contact the Dynamics 365/CRM experts at AKA.