How 3 Financial Services Firms Expanded into New Markets with Confidence
Posted June 19, 2017
Competing in financial services typically means expanding into new markets, whether by acquisition, organic growth or global expansion. Business growth is great for the bottom line; however, it also introduces new challenges, both internal and external. Growth takes strong leadership, talented employees and real-time business intelligence.
Outdated, Inefficient Technology Derails Expansion
If existing management systems aren’t able to automate processes, connect data, and deliver on measurable key performance indicators (KPIs), your plans could be derailed quickly. Establishing a growth strategy for your financial services firm requires a hard look at your existing technology. Disconnected software and aging legacy systems often isolate data, making it difficult to access and use. Technology can make or break market expansion.
Successful Business and Market Growth Starts with Data
One key to long-term growth is data, and this is especially true in financial services. Leaders need access to reliable, current data to make strategic decisions that drive growth and expansion…and there are firms doing just that.
For example, a private equity firm with over $70 billion invested in 760 companies across 40 countries, was planning to move into new markets. They needed a solution that could support multi-entity operations, streamline allocations across funds and entities, and automate global consolidations. The firm replaced an existing on-premise system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Here’s a look at what they gained:
- Anytime, anywhere access to data with minimized infrastructure
- Simplified management of evolving fund structures and multiple entities within a single database
- Real-time processing of transactions between funds
- Two-hour allocation of expenses, instead of 30 day summaries
- One-click consolidation with full history tracking
- Support for local compliance across regional offices
Why Microsoft Dynamics for Financial Services?
A more powerful, integrated solution like Microsoft Dynamics is designed to support financial leaders and employees through growth. Centralizing data from across your enterprise makes it easier for your team to enter, access and analyze important KPIs. With this new level of insight, you can identify new opportunities and respond faster to exceptions. Microsoft Dynamics delivers:
- Robust financial and cost management: Monitor and manage budgets, expedite allocations and consolidations, and streamline financial reporting processes.
- Control and insight over operations: Strengthen operations by identifying and correcting inefficiencies. Workflows add consistency, eliminate redundant processes, and protect data integrity. With improved productivity, your team will be able to handle business growth without getting overwhelmed by manual processes.
- Improve sales and marketing activities: Measure and improve sales effectiveness, monitor metrics to identify new opportunities, and strengthen customer relationships.
- Business intelligence: A single, integrated solution delivers a ‘single version of the truth.’ You and your leaders can be confident you have the real-time data needed to make the strategic business decisions that drive growth.
Steer Your Financial Services Firm in The Right Direction
Make sure you’re prepared to navigate the challenges that come along with expansion and growth. As you evaluate more modern business solutions, we encourage you to download our eBook, “Expanding into New Markets with Microsoft Dynamics: 3 Financial Services Success Stories,” to learn how three global firms are successfully expanding by replacing inadequate systems with today’s more powerful technology.